Google Camera is a camera application designed for Nexus or Pixel devices. The application allows capturing of photos with additional photography features that are available on DSLR.
Device Photography With New Features
Google Camera provides users the ability to take every moment whenever they want to. There will be instances where an integrated camera application is missing on devices and this app provides such service. The application offers Google’s special camera features like HDR+ and Smartburst. It also constantly updates to add new camera features so that users can take high-quality photos in any lighting condition. Before using this application, users must enable several permissions regarding accessing every features and contents of the mobile device. Users must enable access to camera for taking pictures, location for adding information where the photo was taken, microphone for audio recording with videos, and storage for saving the photos and videos to memory card or the device itself. Another factor that users must consider before getting this application is that their device must be the latest model of Nexus and Pixel, as well as it possesses an Android 7.1.1 operating system. When successfully downloaded, the application provides a very familiar camera interface so that users are not too alienated. The application showcases some of its photography features. HDR+ ensures that any shots from low-light or backlit scenes are very visible. Video Stabilization helps users with unstable hands or missing device stands to capture videos smoothly. Smartburst enables capturing stream of photos through holding the shutter button. It also helps users make GIFs out of photo streams. Photo sphere is used for having spherical photos in 360 degrees. Lens Blur replicates DSLR effects, specifically bokeh or background blur for artistic close-up shots. Slow Motion gives users the capacity to create cinematic shots up to 240 fps, depending if the device supports this feature. Other than taking photos, this application can record videos which is very standard to every mobile device today.
Every Moment Captured
Google Camera is part of Google’s step to provide everything needed by their customers. While most devices already have integrated camera applications, Google Camera provides new photo or video features that may be not available on their mobile devices.
Remote shutter control for Android Wear watches New Photo Sphere user interface Performance improvements and bug fixes
- Remote shutter control for Android Wear watches New Photo Sphere user interface Performance improvements and bug fixes
Never miss a moment with Google Camera, and take fantastic pictures using features such as HDR+ and Smartburst.
• HDR+ – Take pictures using HDR+ to capture fantastic photos, especially in low-light or backlit scenes.
• Video Stabilization – Capture exceptionally smooth videos even if your hands shake.
• Smartburst – Hold down the shutter button to automatically capture a stream of photos and make moving GIFs.
• Photo sphere – Create immersive spherical photos.
• Lens Blur – Add elegant background blur (bokeh) to close-up pictures.
• Slow Motion – Capture action in epic slow motion video (up to 240fps on some supported devices).
Requirements – The latest version of Google Camera only works on recent Nexus and Pixel devices on Android 7.1.1 and above. Some features are not available on all devices.
• Camera: Required in order to capture pictures and videos.
• Location: Required in order to add location information to pictures.
• Microphone: Required in order to record audio with every video.
• Storage: Required in order to save picture and videos.